Employees in dramatic fashion and numbers are demanding use of their own personal smartphones and tablets for business use. In an effort to support employee preferences as well as reduce costs, companies are rapidly embracing this “consumerization of IT” trend with programs like Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).. No matter the size of the company, regulated or non-regulated, domestic or global, BYOD programs are becoming more widespread across organizations.
In offering BYOD programs, companies are faced with the need to protect and secure critical and sensitive information from unauthorized access. Industry-related studies show that employees continue in large numbers to have access to sensitive or confidential information including financial data, personally identifiable information, and intellectual property with their personal devices, anytime and anywhere. Companies are looking to control and make visible both the Who and What that have access to critical information assets in order to effectively manage risk and prevent access breaches and loss. In doing so, IT organizations will need to:
- Support a range of BYOD devices
- Easily and cost-effectively authenticate a BYOD device and user for secure account access
- Provide a simple and transparent user experience while strengthening access security
- Ensure that the BYOD program delivers cost-savings, scalablity, and increased productivity
NetAuthority’s Device Authentication Service is purpose-built for seamless, high performance, cost-effective, and mass adoption to address BYOD user account security:
- Support for a full range of mobile and tablet devices – Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry.
- Quick & Simple device registration processes, with secure service API to interface with existing user management systems,
monitoring systems,and log management solutions
- Irrefutable identification of the device via the Dynamic Device Key, links the user with the identified device and prevents impersonation attacks
- Sub-second device authentication response adds no noticeable latency to log-in process and is fully transparent to the user, preserving the user experience and productivity on the BYOD device
- Online administrative control panel for easy management, visibility and reporting
With NetAuthority’s Device Authentication Service, it’s only fitting that the “device is the key” to a company’s BYOD authentication strategy.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.